Saturday, September 8, 2007

So it begins..

I'd love to show you all pics of london when we landed, but my camera conveniently died :(

So, what I'd thought would happen when we landed: have a quick hop over to Gatwick at our hotel, and we'd have hours to sightsee.

What happened: Wel took a bus to Gatwick that was so hot and muggy with the sun shining right on me in my cramped space I wanted to shoot myself just to end the misery. There was also traffic. So the ride that was supposed to last 3 hours, took four. I did see several "polution control valves" along the highway. How come nobody told us about these?!? Imagine how wonderful the air could be in LA! There were also fields. And more fields. And more. I think the idea of there actually having buildings in london is a myth. We arrived in enough time to eat then sink into bed before waking at 2 this AM for our flight to Glasgow. Their lifts (elevators) are tiny! The one in our hotel said it would hold 8 people. And it could... if they're pygmies.


I guess you can't see very well how very small it is. hmm.

There was a lovely woman sitting next to me on the plane who took a few (10) photos out the window of our first view of Scotland.



We have a welcome meeting/dinner for our tour in a few minutes, so we'll be posting after.

2 comments:

Haven said...

Yay, yay, yay!! I'm on the edge of my seat.

A clever name said...

Boo to the camera dying. I dunno bout 8 in that lift, are there such things as pigmy pigmies? cause maybe 8 of those would fit in there.