Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Adding a Personal Touch

We aren't set to leave for a few hours yet... 38 hrs and 45 mins to be precise *grins* but we figured we could start the blog with a few "getting ready" posts. Hailey wanted to see our lovely luggage artwork, so I'll start there! Keep in mind it all looks muuuuuuuuuch better in person... yeah... much... *grin*

With so many blue and black bags out there I've always thought it a good idea to make my luggage distinctly mine. What better way to achieve that end than with PUFFY PAINTS?! I'm sure Anna will post hers soon, but I wanted to try out my new digital camera and the whole posting with pictures thing so it will be smooth as silk the rest of our trip. Anna's looks much better than mine, imo, but it is mine and I love it unconditionally.



This is a little profile of a fairy sitting with her knees bent... and the wind whipping her pink hair around. I took a few pics of this and couldn't get it to look as well as I would like, but there you have it.



The words say "Roam if you want to... Roam around the world..." in case you can't read it.



I tried to do a repeat of a flower I'd done on different luggage when Mon Poopyhead and I went to Ohio, but I failed miserably. I think it looks swell as a butterfly though.


I can tell you are all on the edges of your respective seats in agony wondering what that original flower looked like... (well besides Hav who was with me when it was created) I have decided to take pity on your plight and post a pic of that as well! I've always been known for my grace and generosity donchaknow.



That's all I have to say so far... best get to packing. Stay tuned for even more riveting posts! Nanu Nanu...

5 comments:

A clever name said...

Well it looks like you have the pic taking down, awesome on the luggage! :) Now see, if I had luggage and tried to draw on it, I'd end up drawing something crazy, and get held by airport security on suspicion of like, wrong-doing...ness.

Not that I'd draw something that's like, terrible, just that I can't draw, so it'd be like one of those ink blot tests, where people just see what they want to see.

Hillary said...

Hey, Jealousyyyy. Hey, Jealousy!

Haven said...

Okay...so you've been gone more than 12 hours....WHERE are the posts????!?!?!?

Mom to 3 T's said...

It's lovely! I wish I could climb inside and go with you! Hope you have a SPLENDID time!

Unknown said...

You're both probably all jet lagged by now... but your luggage will go on and on and on.