Saturday, September 15, 2007

fcuk


actually stands for something. It took me awhile, and when I got it I laughed and laughed... and laughed. Just like the GB stickers stand for Green Bay. I mean, what else could it stand for? Everyone here obviously just really loves the Packers! I told that to Michael our tour guide. He kinda looked at me funny, mumbled something then walked away. I wonder if it was something I said..


After chillin with Nessie we went to the battlefield of Culloden. No, I didn't see the stones Claire went through before the battle, sadly there wasn't time. But since I plan on living in Inverness soon, i'll have time to look :)



Ahh.. Castle Mey. The late Queen Mother bought it in the 50's and restored it. Apparently spending every summer since then there. I can't blame her as it's very beautiful. She's a spunky lady. I loved hearing stories about her and seeing her photos wearing sly grins. And she lived to 101. good number, that :)

Moving right along.. (I'm skipping Wick since I'd bet my life Heidi has that one covered) We're at Skara Brae on Orkney and these homes were discovered with the natural errosion from the sea. Over 5,000 years old and preserved wonderfully by the sand. It looks like nice weather, eh? Look closer at the people in the pic. Everyone got soaked, and if you had an umbrella it broke. I worried for my camera cause it started fogging up, but was fine a few hours later. There were a lot of things to see, but most of us didn't want to get off the bus for the pics. I tried taking pics from the bus, but ended up with blurry fuzz. Lots of standing stones and archeological dig sites all over the island. You can't even build a home unless the archeologists check out the land and clear it first.

We also saw a huge nordic cathedral where none of my pics turned out. Not even of the Holy Handgrenade. Heidi's did, though. Hopefully she'll post it. This is our cabin on the ferry to the Shetlands. Cute, eh?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. Love it. Love it.

A clever name said...

Wow, I had no idea that Packers fans migrated that far, didn't think they'd wanna leave their precious cheese and beer.

Nice pics and everything as always.

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

OHHHH! So jelous! Can't contain it any longer! I'm dying!!! I want to go to Skara Brae so bad! *sigh*

Unknown said...

OK I'm missing it. What did the Packers mean by fkuk? Why did they leave Scotland....is it hard to play football there?

banana said...

Mom, i'll tell you when i get home.

Haven said...

I hope some of Heidi's pics turned out as I'm anxious to see the Holy Hand Grenade. Were any rabbits about?

Star Wars Freak said...

Thank god for Google, because I did not get the fcuk thing until I googled it.

I need to win the lottery so I can go to Scottland too. At the risk of sounding like everyone else: I'm so jealous.

gnugnu said...

Hi "girls"

This is Linda Treadwell, the old white haired nurse also on your tour, or to put it another way, the scotch loving, scrabble fiend on your tour. Just read your blog in its entirety, enjoyed it, and since I've already forgotten most of the history & locales, to the point thjat I had a bit of trouble identifying locales in some of my own pix, it's a wonderful refresher. Hope all's well with you two. Linda