Saturday, September 22, 2007

one, two, freedom!


That, my friends, is how you count to three in Scotland. And how appropriate I should find a statue of William Wallace outside the entrance to the Edinburgh castle (As my maternal grandmother is a Wallace. And the whole "Freedom!" thing. yeah). According to our guide he was 7 feet tall and could shoot lightning out his bum. So any tall genes from the Wallace blood I might have totally bypassed me, though I think my brother got the lightning bit. At least figuratively :P


We climbed to the top of the Sir Walter Scott monument (all 287 steps) and as we climbed the stairs got narrower and narrower, as demonstrated by Heidi (shortly after selling her soul to the devil. you can tell by her glowing red eyes).


Coming out the top was almost like being birthed. Very windy, oh yes. I had everything i was holding in a death grip, and still felt like it was gonna get ripped away by the wind.


Sorry for posting another pic of me, but this is the only pic I had of Alec (on the Left), our driver. He's awesome. I had a dream I married his son, Fergus. I don't even know if he has a son, but i'd be willing to marry him so we'd be related. heh. I love him! This was taken after the final dinner. We went to a Highland dinner and dance where I took lots of pics that didn't turn out very well. It was very sad though, cause the next day we ended the tour and had to say goodbye to all the wonderful new friends we'd made.


We had a few days free between tours (thanks a freakin lot Gabby!!! You better not meet me in a dark alley...) so we spent some time in Edinburgh. I just wish I had know the Wallace memorial was in Stirling! I totally could have gone! We took a walk and saw this sign. Glad to know i'm not the only one who likes my meat well hung and tender. It was also time to buy a new bag to fit all the things we had bought. We had to take a bus back to london for the start of our next tour and the wonderful, not rude at all, bus people were not very happy about all our luggage. Actually, pretty much everything about that bus ride was pure hell. Totally set the tone for our attitudes towards the english :P I'll elaborate later..

2 comments:

Beth said...

ANNA!? London? Area? When? Are you? Have you already? Hello? Talk to me. I need to know. Email me. HELLO!!!!!!!!! Is it me you're looking for?

Beth said...

hah, i just checked the date of the last post. doh!