Wednesday, September 12, 2007

hello again, naturally

Hey all! ok, its been awhile. But we have good excuses. really. No internet for our computers! Jeez.. you'd think we'd be in the wild highlands or something...

to continue my scattered ramblings... I got to take a pic of the viaduct that the hogwarts express takes on its journey to Hogwarts. This is as close as we could get.


Then we took (yet another) ferry ride. I was searching for land, you see. I think I found it. And the next is the view standing on the steps from our hotel room. Its hard being me.



I'm not sure if we've mentioned, but the roads are a bit... narrow. In fact, a LOT of them are single lanes with passing places. The first is the sign (duh), and the second is an example of how it works on a fairly good road where you can actually see who's coming. And us on a bus! It's pretty awesome.



Then... we went to Eilean Donan castle on the 12th. It's been in several films like: Highlander (whoop whoop!) and even in James Bond. We saw some pretty awesome sights there. I think Heidi has the whole story planned out, so I'll leave it to her. I'll just leave you with a few photos


The view from the front of the castle

This guy worked at the castle and let me hold his weapon and shield. I was going to behead him, but I showed mercy. Heidi did though, and he didn't seem too upset by it. What a nice guy.. a bit leggy too, eh?


Well that concludes my journey. For now. One of these days we'll all be caught up :/

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Those shields don't look too protective...
Beautiful scenery. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmmm..... with legs like that, I see why the lad would have need of the weapon and shield! ;)
Great pix, keep 'em coming and continue to have a safe time.

A clever name said...

Nice pics, I think that after having been on those extremely narrow roads, then seeing the castle I wouldn't be able to control myself from just shouting that there could be only one and trying to behead someone, which means to say you have tremendous restraint hehe.

Haven said...

Wow, those roads...*shakes head* It's worse than France and Spain! But still...I'd visit.