Saturday, September 8, 2007

Kilts, Kilts Everywhere and Not a (*censored*) In Sight!

Sorry to disappoint you, we are still ignorant of the answer to the eternal question of just what is under those kilts! (PS and BTW, I snuck in another post before Anna's latest, don't miss it! It is long...)
We got to the hotel and were told that our rooms would be ready around 1pm, it was then just after 9am. We left our luggage with the concierge and took off on foot to explore the city center. It took me a couple hours of wondering why there were so many people out to remember that it was Saturday. We also found out that this soccer game was significant. There was much merry making about the various pubs and many, many men in kilts.
We walked up and down quite a few streets and the crowds did not once thin, it was rather amazing to me. I just wanted to stop and listen to the soft burr of their Scottish brogue wrap around me. We came back to the main thoroughfare and there was a bagpipe band playing, so I thought I'd try out my video feature.

I took two videos, the one with the whole band playing wasn't as good as this one, so I give you a solo piper. Later, they did a rendition of "We Will Rock You" it was quite awesome, but I didn't video it. My apologies.

Yes, Mother,I did take a picture of that guy's... flag ;)

Some fellow Native Americans, next to the 'Coppuccino' stand. *grins*


Okay, I think Blogger is having stress with the amount of images and video I have here so I am going to close and go down to dinner.

6 comments:

Star Wars Freak said...

It seems, to me, that you're still ignorant due to lack of conviction. Find a strapping Scottish lad and just ask!! ;)

Haven said...

Seriously, Poop. I'm sure they would be more than happy to enlighten you on the subject. ;)
But I'm all a-quiver to hear the bagpipe band. I hope you can upload it later...
did you do draft.blogger.com? You'll just have to leave the computer alone for a bit whilst it uploads.

A clever name said...

Can't wait to hear the bagpipe, cause bagpipes rule.

And I'm sorry, but that "Coppucino" stand looks suspiciously like some sort of alien time travelling space craft. Is it bigger on the inside?

Hillary said...

If you keep having trouble, try YouTube to upload to, then you can cut and past the html thingy.
Nice Kilts!

Unknown said...

More photos! Look for a Wallace kilt. We're related

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Was the Doctor in that police call box? Mmmmmm... The Doctor.