Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fore!


You ever hear anyone joke about getting drunk off the fumes of alcohol? It's not a joke. Walking on the grounds of the Royal Lochnagar distillery made my head start spinning. We couldn't take photos in some of the rooms inside. The tour guide assured us using cameras would blow up the building. Or maybe it would damage the equipment... I can't remember. I was feeling pretty high at the time.


The barrels were cool. They had a few we could sniff to see the difference between the really smokey, and not so smokey. The Royal Lochnagar was the latter, and i have to admit it smelled pretty good. For whiskey, that is.


Castle Glamis. Pronounced "glams". Absolutely beautiful grounds. The inside wasn't too shabby, either. Again, no photos during the tour inside. I could've spent a lot of hours here *sighs*.


Awww... graffitti. At least it says something nice. And written with chalk. So considerate.


St. Andrews. Home of Scotlands first University. Cool. Home of Golf. Yippee. I really don't care much about golf so I contented myself to taking pics of the beach and collecting seashells.


The tide was out, so we got to walk out a bit. This is way better scenery than any golf course, eh?


There were a lot of things to look at on the beach. I collected a few seashells for Donna. My new friend Paula even found the remains of a very old bottle.

2 comments:

A clever name said...

Wow, that distillery seems like, just the coolest place ever. I think they'd prolly have to physically remove me from the grounds there or something.

Anonymous said...

I agree with clever name. However it would be my husband not me they would have to remove.

Just Beautiful.