Thursday, September 24, 2009

Deadliest Catch!


The morning broke much cooler than the day before had been. I'm beginning to wonder if I really do have a stalker in the form of the sun. I avoid it at all costs at home and when I choose cloudy, rainy climates for my vacations invariably I bring draughts and heat. Certainly not my choice! But I digress...

Jan and I were in Jessie and Kevin's room helping her decide which bulky sweaters to leave at home so she could conform to the strict luggage sizing Judy (tour director) had imposed on us. We were innocently minding our own business, laughing uproariously at times, when Kevin entered the scene.

He stood there calm and quiet listening to our goings on, waiting for his chance to tap in with his bombshell. K and J have a boat being used in the boat shows around the area by the company they bought it from as a show model. I'd never been to a boat show before, but we had no plans of attending the one today as it was in Connecticut. Besides, Jessie still had packing to do.

"Bad news," Kevin began, "Andy and Johnathan from Deadliest Catch are down in Norwalk where our boat is being showed." The silence was broken by Jessie's drunken sailor mouth. Andy and Jonathan are her favorites and what kind of luck put them at the show we weren't going to be able to attend?! Oh cruel fate!

Just then Jessie slammed her suitcase shut, "I can pack tomorrow." Kevin blinked as he looked at her. A determined glint sparked in her eye as she said, "Oh we're doing this." Some quick travel calculations put us arriving at the boat show just after Andy and Jonathan were supposed to begin their photo opp.


"But first we need to get our manicures!" So we piled out into her car and sped over to the mall to get our nails done. I hadn't tied my shoes in the dash out the door, so I leaned over before the guy started applying the color and Jessie calls over from her seat, "We don't have time for that, Heidi!" I tied them anyway. I wasn't going to trip over myself when it came time to meet the Time Bandit boys!

Thinking on it now, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad to trip and fall on Johnathan... ahem... Yes, well, anyway...

The nail people were quick and we were back home within 35 mins. Jessie walked in and yelled up the stairs, "We're back, let's go!" Poor Kevin had actually thought some sale or another would seduce us away from thoughts of our Deadliest Catches. Jessie is one determined lady, the sales did their best, the little sirens, but they were no match for the thought of an Andy-Johnathan sandwi... erm... photo opp! *cough*


To his credit, Kevin got us there in record time and the line was just forming. The seminar tent where they had the boys stationed was muggy and the air was stagnant. Jessie turned to me and said, "Is it just me or is it hot in here?" We both looked up at the stage where Jonathan and Andy were talking with a few people and her question was answered.

I was a little worried; I didn't want to get up close and personal and be a wilted, stinking flower. One lady kept offering to take other people's pictures. I'm sure she thought people would think she was nice. We were on to her, she obviously just wanted more face time with the crabbing duo. We dubbed her the Attention Whore.


Finally it was our turn! Jessie and Kevin went first and Jan and I manned the cameras.


I stood in the middle in front of them and Jan was off to the side.


This ended up causing a bit of confusion as to which camera they were supposed to look toward.


We got it sorted eventually.


Next it was my turn! The experience was a little too private for this blog. If you'd like to hear it, email me :P *grins* Oh alright, twist my arm... After this round of pictures was taken, Kevin moved behind Jan and said, "You could just take a picture over her shoulder." Which would have solved all the confusion about which camera to focus on.


Johnathan put his arm around my waist and said, "How about another picture?" Andy was busy signing Anna(who sadly could not be there)'s present. Anna said it looks like Jonathan's about to sneak off with me. Ha! Yes, it was very magical. I'm sure it was for him as well. Life altering, in fact. Haha


And at last Jan got her hands on the boys. (Though you see how Johnathan is still smiling at me... Yes, me - not the camera, no sir! :P)


We visited Kevin and Jessie's boat and looked around at the other offerings until closing time. Their boat is named "Binary Star". Kevin is a software engineer and has actually written an app for iPhone and iPod touches called "Rogue Touch". He's working on a couple of other projects, and perhaps soon to be one more. Rob from the boat company has a great idea for an iPod/Phone game/app. When it becomes available I'll spread the word.


The drive back was not as harrowing as we hit a bit of rush hour traffic and many spots of construction. Road weary, but happy, we folded out of the car and plopped down to the table for left over Chinese.

The house is quiet now as all the rest have been sleeping for quite some time. I know my role, however, The Documentor, and sleep will just have to wait. I changed the date on the post to keep things in order. It is sadly now just two and a half hours before my alarm will go off.


We are hopping the pond tomorrow and if we aren't able to upgrade out of coach, I'm going to need some exhaustion to help me survive the ride. Once we land Saturday another adventure begins. We'll be renting a car, taking a ferry to Arron and I'll be driving us around sightseeing. You may begin to look forward to the pictures from that post now.

With that, I will bid you a fond farewell and I'll catch you on the flip side!

6 comments:

A clever name said...

The Time Bandit boys do rule! But now I'm wondering about the email part of it all! O_O

A clever name said...

I knew it'd be Jonathon that wanted to steal you! He's all wanting to kidnap you to the Bering Sea!! *runs around in a few circles in a panic before running into a wall* Okay, I'm better now, he's in the list!

Mom to 3 T's said...

What a funpre-adventure adventure! I love the spontaneity! I hope you were able to sleep on the plane, but I won't hold my breath. lol Nubs!

banana said...

and i'm sad you get to hang out with jan and jessie without me!

Hillary said...

You should have expected that something like this would happen. Adventure follows you just as much as the sun!

Haven said...

Do I know Time Bandits?? I don't recognize those faces, Poop. I'm out of the loop. :/ And you are still such a sex pot, look at you!